Inspired by the Nova Scotia Health & Safety Leadership Charter, created in response to the province’s Workplace Safety Strategy, Farm Safety Nova Scotia has established a Mental Health Leadership Charter – encouraging leaders across the province’s farming community to commit to promoting and establishing a stronger and more responsive mental health and wellness system.
This Charter represents a commitment from leaders across Nova Scotia’s farming community to support efforts within their own organizations, and the broader farming community, to promote a strong and sustainable culture of mental health and wellness.
By endorsing this Charter, these leaders commit to prioritizing the mental health and wellness of their employees, industry partners and community members; through workplace policies, advocacy efforts and day-to-day leadership activities.
Download the Charter, sign, and send back to us to be featured as a We Talk. We Grow. Leadership Charter Signatory. The Charters are great to feature in workplaces so employees can be assured that their mental health and wellness is a top priority.
We will be profiling and celebrating all the leaders who sign the Charter on this page, and across our social media platforms. Speaking of social media, we would love for you to share on your social media sites as well, along with the hashtag #WeTalkWeGrow !
– Principles –
By signing the charter, leaders commit to supporting the objectives of the We Talk. We Grow. initiative, led by Farm Safety Nova Scotia. To the best of their ability, they agree to integrate these objectives into their day-to-day actions as a leader in the province’s farming community:
- Increase education and awareness of mental health and wellness.
- Reduce stigma through continued communication of mental health best practices.
- Empower individuals and organizations to become leaders in promoting mental health and wellness.
- Strengthen relationships with partners to work together to enhance Nova Scotia’s mental health offerings.
- Coordinate delivery of tailored tools, resources and supports for mental health and wellness.
- Reduce stressors negatively impacting mental health and wellness through advocacy and program delivery.